Georgian doorway from house on 7 Franklin Street that was demolished in 1916. Painted blue, pilasters flanking entrance, triangular pediment over entrance. Under pediment is glass semi-circle with metal frame which divides the glass into six segments. Acquired in 1916 when house on 7 Franklin Street was torn down when the post office was built. Possibly attached to an old Coggeshall house. Frame is about 100 years old [as of 1916].
Credit LineGift of Nathan Ball
Related People & OrganizationsDadley, C.D., Capt. (associated)