Date1720 – 1737
Silver tankard with original owner's initials engraved on bottom of tankard: "M*C"; later owner's names engraved in script on outside of tankard; spout added in late 19th century. Belonged to Wanton and Gould families (Gould names from 1736-1978) there is also a heart-shaped mark on the bottom.
Credit LineGift of the Estate of Edward W. Gould
Related People & OrganizationsVernon, Samuel (associated)
Gould, Edward W. (associated)