A cabinet photograph depicting a Civil War monument made of stone. Center stone depicts a horse in relief with two crossed swords beneath a horseshoe. Inscription reads: "First Mass. Cavalry/3rd Brigade/2nd Cavalry Division/June 17, 1863/Erected by the First Mass/Cavalry Association 1891". Center stone is flanked by two narrower stones inscribed with soldiers' names and a "summary" of casualties. Photograph by G. Waldon Smith of 145 Tremont Street, Boston.