CreatorBenson, John Howard
Print of the Pitt's Head tavern, as seen from its prior location on Charles Street. The description of the property reads "A Colonial coffee house of Pre-Revolutionary fame in Newport was Pitt's Head Tavern. It formerly faced on Washington Square, then Queen street. the Odd Fellows moved it to its present place on Charles Street. it was run by James Brooke in 1859. Later it came into possession of the Lillibridge family, who conducted it for years. It was named after William Pitt, the noted English statesman, who was regarded as a friend of the Colonies."
Object Typeprints (visual works)
SubjectsPitt's Head Tavern