6847 Object Results

Has media:
2011.15.2
Cap
before 1971

A white net cap bordered with a band of white ribbon. Owned by Mrs. T.E. McLaughlin (Georgia Bright McLaughlin) of Newport, R.I.

2004.15.1
Scrapbook
before 1900

Box 4 contains Miss Elizabeth Swinburne's scrapbook from before 1900. The scrapbook includes many ticket stubs, maps, photographs, postcards, and pressed flowers and leaves from various pleaces thr...

2008.8
Book
before 1927

Souvenir photo booklet of Newport. Contains photos of Old Stone Mill-Touro Park; Statue of Commodore Matthew C. Perry-Touro Park; The Casino; Court of the Casino; entrance to Jews' Cemetery; one pa...

2002.10 A-E
Watch
before 1898

One side of the case depicts a leaping horse. The other side shows three dogs in a rural setting. The dog side of the case is in worse condition than the side depicting the horse. The face of the w...

99.3.148
Shoe
before 1937

A single 7" long leather shoe in poor condition. The shoe has been slattened, appears to have an instep strap. Piece of paper glued onto foot of shoe reads 'Child's shoe, found in attic of Maudsley...

99.3.147
Shoe
before 1800

A single baby's leather shoe in poor condition; very old and brittle. Four holes at toe, instep strap is torn, sticthing on side of shoe is unravelling. Piece of paper found with shoe reads 'shoe f...


Blue and brown strip of plaid linen. 3 pieces - the yellow dye was probably saffron. Was used as part of a bed curtain. Ticketed "Spun and women previous to 1790."

98.7.14
Snuffbox
before 1862

This small box looks like a book on the outside. It has brown/red velvet with gold detailing. The inside of the box is lined with Prussian blue paper and has a mirror on the left side in a gold fra...

95.20.6
Seal
before 1893

Turned cylinder (goblet shape), may have heavier metal in core, seal inscription surrounds image of scales of justice. Inscription: "Court of Compleas, Newport."


Painting of large steamboat; "Providence" written on ship in red letters in center; front of boat reads: "Fall River Line" also in red; eight flags on ship; many passengers visible; greenish-blue w...


Portrait of John Gidley, Jr. (1700-1744) in a three-quarter length portrait facing the right. His right hand is at his waist, while the left hand leans on an edge; dressed in a white blouse with fl...


A photograph of the Colony House and the Levi Gale House, taken from Meeting Street. Trees in Washington Square are visible at right; an automobile is visible on the road at center. Structure at fo...


A photograph depicting downtown Newport, looking east towards Trinity Church. Photo was taken from an unidentified wharf (possibly Banister's); the bow of the yacht "Aloha" (1910-1938) is visible a...


A matted photograph depicting the First Congregational Church as seen from the corner of Mill and Division Streets. Photograph was taken when the church building functioned as Burlingham's Auction ...


A stereograph depicting the Mrs. William M. Coles House, Bellevue Avenue at Dixon Street. House has a half-timbered exterior and is bordered by a fence and trees. Photographs by Joshua Appleby Will...


A photograph depicting a house at the corner of Cherry Street and Guerney Court. House appears to be dilapidated and abandoned; exterior is damaged, and vegetation is overgrown throughout. A wareho...


A matted photograph depicting Washington Square, looking east towards the Oliver Hazard Perry Monument. A parterre in the shape of an anchor is visible at foreground; a pool surrounded by flowers i...


A photograph depicting buildings at the corner of Spring and Church Streets. Two carriages and street railroad tracks are visible on Spring Street; hedges and a fence bordering Trinity Church's chu...


A matted photograph depicting buildings along Spring Street at the intersection of Mill Street. A fire hydrant and a streetlamp are visible at foreground; signs for Thomas E. Shea's Plumbing and "P...


A matted photograph depicting a street railroad car traveling down Levin Street near St. Mary's Church (see left). Road is covered in snow; signs on car read "BROADWAY" and "SNOW BIRD".


A photograph of the Old Colony Railroad's Engine 12 on a turntable in Newport; a roundhouse, made of brick, is visible in the background. Three railroad workers are visible on the engine; one is st...


A matted photograph of the Mumford House (demolished 1904), located on Washington Square. The National Exchange Bank is visible at right; two carriages with horses can be seen near the sidewalk at ...


A matted photograph depicting Parkgate (later the Elks Lodge), a house located at the corner of Bellevue Avenue and Pelham Street. A fence, sidewalk, and leafless trees are visible at foreground.


A cabinet card depicting American Civil War General Ambrose Burnside (1824-1881). Burnside is seen wearing a coat, waistcoat, and white collar; he has white hair. Photograph by Manchester Brothers,...


A photograph of Bellevue Avenue, looking south towards the Ocean House. Most likely taken from a roof or second-story window; image dates prior to the construction of the Newport Casino (1879-1881)...


A photograph of Stone Villa, located on Bellevue Avenue. House is partially covered in ivy at left; a porch supported by columns at right is obscured by tall plants. The property's yard is partly s...


Framed photograph of J. Allen Boone. White hair, he wears a grey suit with a black tie.


A photograph of houses on Levin Street, looking west. The steeple of St. Mary's Church is visible in the background; an automobile can be seen at far right. Photograph by Jonas Bergner (1859-1936).


Black and white picture. There is a dock center with seven ships docked to the right and eight docked to the left, several different sizes. There is a parking lot at the front of the picture.


A matted photograph depicting sailboats in Newport Harbor. A handwritten caption on bottom edge reads: "No. 184 'Newport Harbor' 88." Photograph by Clarence Stanhope (c.1852-1924).


A matted photograph of Lime Rock Lighthouse; caption reads: "No. 250. 'Lime Rock Lighthouse' Ida Lewis Keeper." A small outbuilding and a fence are visible adjacent to the the lighthouse at left...


A matted photograph of Lime Rock Lighthouse and the surrounding harbor. A shed appears near the lighthouse at right. Caption at bottom right reads: "LIME ROCK LIGHTHOUSE HOME OF IDA LEWIS." James...


A matted photograph depicting Chateau-Nooga, located at the corner of Bellevue and Narragansett Avenues. The house is seen surrounded by several leafless trees and a fence. Photograph by Clarence...


A stereograph of the John Bansiter House on the corner of Spring and Pelham Streets. A carriage and three pedestrians are visible at center. Image by J.A. Williams (d. 1892). Printed label on re...


A photograph of stairs and railings from a second floor hall at the Hunter House. A religious statue is visible on a landing at center; photograph was most likely taken when the house served as a c...


A photograph of the interior of Trinity Church, looking towards the pulpit and altar. Low chandeliers are visible above the center aisle. A note handwritten on reverse reads: "K. Covell neg/Purchas...

Next 36