101 Object Results

Year:
2010.16
Postcard
November 22 1965

Handwritten postcard from Rear Admiral Samuel Eliot Morison to Anthony Silvestre. The postcard dates to November 22, 1965 and is a response to Anthony Silvestre (then a student) regarding an inquir...


A photograph of the Perry Mill building when it served as the location of General Electric's "Wiring Service Department," 1965. Signs reading "THE/PERRY MILL/1835-1945" and "GENERAL ELECTRIC/WIRING...

2018.017.001
Postcard
February 13 1965

Photochrome postcard of two boats off in Brenton Cove with Fort Adams visible in the background. There is a rocky outcrop in the right corner. The back has been filled out and sent to "Mr. & Mr...


Page from a scrapbook showing six photographs of Pitt's head Tavern. This includes a photograph of the building being moved from Charles street to its current location at 77 Bridge street, a photog...


Undated photographic print of the Pitt's Head Tavern building after being relocated to 77 Bridge Street. 


Photographic prints of the Thames Street Model, which was created by Newport's Redevelopment Agency in 1965 to showcase their waterfront redevelopment plans.  


Photographic print of the relocation of the Pitt's Head Tavern being relocated from moved from 5 Charles Street to Bridge street. The tavern is secured on the bed of truck, being observed by pedest...

2005.10.1
tote bag
circa 1965

Canvas bag missing handles features three blue screen printed buildings. The middle building is a silhouette of Trinity Church with two smaller houses on each side. The bag was used as a fundraiser...

2013.5.6
Postcard
circa 1965

A color postcard depicting two Newport-Jamestown ferries ("Newport" and "Jamestown") docked near East Shore Road in Jamestown. The Bay View Hotel is visible near center; Jamestown Town Beach is vis...

2013.5.5
Postcard
circa 1965

A color postcard depicting an aerial view of the Cliff Walk and The Breakers. A short description is printed on reverse, with a reference to " 'Salve Regina', Catholic Girls' College". Postcard ha...

2013.5.4
Postcard
circa 1965

Postcard featuring an aerial view of Vernon Court Junior College. This is item is a part of the Vernon Court Junior College Collection.

2013.5.3
Postcard
circa 1965

Scallop-edged postcard featuring an aerial photograph of Vernon Court Junior College, located off Bellevue Avenue. Visible is Vernon Court, the former Gambrill Estate (currently The National Museum...

2013.5.2
Pennant
circa 1965

Light blue and burgundy Vernon Court Jr. College triangular pennant with school crest. Most likely made of wool.


A color postcard depicting the Gold Ballroom at Marble House.


A color postcard depiciting the entrance hallway at Marble House.

2009.3.90
Postcard
circa 1965

A postcard depicting the Chinese Tea House at Marble House. Image was probably created at an earlier date. Copyright John Hopf.

2009.3.89
Postcard
circa 1965

A postcard depicting an aerial view of Belcourt Castle. Belcourt, the home of O.H.P. Belmont and Alva Vanderbilt Belmont, became a house museum (called Belcourt Castle) in 1957. Copyright John Hopf.

2009.3.80
Postcard
circa 1965

A color postcard depiciting the dining room at Marble House.


A color postcard depicting the Gold Ballroom at Marble House.


A color postcard depiciting the entrance hallway at Marble House.

2009.3.79
Postcard
circa 1965

A color postcard depiciting Alva Vanderbilt's bedroom at the Marble House.

92.31.2
Lithograph
circa 1965

Artist's rendering of the proposed Newport Bridge, pre-construction. Aerial architectural view from the northwest, with Jamestown in foreground. Bridge engineered by Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade ...


Black and white photograph of the Newport Players. Posed group photo with men and women dressed in costume.


Twelve photographs of Jamestown including, Jamestown Ferry, the Fire Station and shops on Narragansett Avenue.


A photograph depicting Washington Square, looking east towards the Colony House. At right is the Brick Market and Little Capri of Long Wharf. At right, the signage of businesses on the square is ...


A photograph depicting exterior renovations at the Joseph and William Cozzens House, located at 57-59 Farewell Street. Workers are shown standing on scaffolding, peeling shingles from the house's ...


A photograph depicting a severely damaged addition at the Joseph and William Cozzens House (c. 1765), located at 57-59 Farewell Street. Wooden framing, exposed bricks, and scattered debris are seen...


A black and white photograph of the Newport waterfront prior to significant redevelopment. The tallest visible structures include (from left to right) St. Paul's Church, City Hall, Trinity Church...


A black and white photograph of Washington Square, c.1965. The Square is seen filled with cars, both moving and parked. A bus can be seen at center. Buildings shown include the Colony House, the...


A black and white photograph depicting Goat Island and Newport wharves prior to redevelopment. At photograph top, Goat Island is seen with its U.S. Navy buildings still intact. The center is compri...


A photograph of the King's Arms Tavern after restoration. Architectural features include a hip roof, a large central chimney, clapboards, and 24-pane windows.


A photographic reproduction of the first and second floor plans of the King's Arms Tavern, Cross Street. Text on the image reads: KING'S ARMS TAVERN CROSS STREET NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND AS RESTORE...


Photographic print of the drivers and moving truck involved in relocating Pitt's Head Tavern from 5 Charles Street to 77 Bridge Street. The company orchestrating the move was 'Metropolitan Moving C...


Destroyer Ingraham.


A photograph of the Pitt's Head Tavern being moved from Charles Street to Bridge Street, 1965. An automobile is parked at foreground; the tavern is shown raised up on the bed of a vehicle. A sign...


Color photograph of a boy, wearing a graduation gown and mortarboard hat. He is standing in a garden. 

Next 36